Upcoming Planning Meetings for 2017 ComFest:
LOGO CONTEST MARCH 2, 7:30 PM
ComFest is preparing for the annual logo art contest. Each year the design for ComFest T-shirts and Program Guide cover is chosen from an open public competition held at Goodale Park Shelter House. The design reflects the values of the festival and accompanies a slogan (chosen later) representative of those values and often a commenting on a zeitgeist social issue.
This year organizers decided to offer three suggested themes, making use of them (both the exact words & the ideas they represent) is optional.
The three are:(1) Solidarity(2) Rise Up (or Rise Up & Resist)(3) Encouraging Peaceful Resistance
Given the current political climate, these suggestions and a reading of ComFest's principles (on website) may inspire artists to create the 2017 logo.
Artists should bring their original logo designs to Goodale Park Shelter House by 7:30 PM on March 2. 2017. Entries will enjoy a public viewing to select the 3 favorites. The final selection will be made at the following general planning meeting. ComFest logo contest for 2017 is free and open to the public.
Design the 2017 ComFest T-Shirt! Entries must meet the following requirements:
Having your design chosen is a great honor which will make you part of the history of ComFest. Hundreds of volunteers will be wearing the T-shirt at the Festival and will wear them around for years to come. The winner gets mentioned on the website, in the Program Guide and we give the winner a few valuable goodies too.
- It should be a black and white drawing. We do a one color silk-screen in order to be economical. Due to the mechanical limitations and expense of the silk-screening process, it is difficult and expensive to do grey tones or shading. If your design has some shading, it would have to be done in a way that will lend itself to be easily silk-screened. Original art only.
- Include the dates: June 23, 24, 25, 2017 or June 23-25, 2017.
- Include the name, Community Festival. Those two words must appear together in the design. In addition, you can place the word "ComFest" in the design if you wish.
- Include the place, Goodale Park.
- Include the Hopewell symbol, shown below:
(Click for larger version.)
- Another good tip is to make the design with a vertical orientation so that it looks good on a T-shirt. The logo will appear in other places but the most important place is on the T-shirt.
- PRINT artist's name, address, e-mail and phone number on the BACK of the contest entry.
- An artist may enter two different logo designs, but only one version of a particular design may be entered.
- Have a high resolution digital file of your entry available. ComFest reserves the right to request changes to the chosen design.
- Finalists will be chosen at the Logo Contest. The winner will be chosen at the next General Planning Meeting. The winner will be notified after that meeting.
2017 Entertainment/Workshop/Speaker Applications are now available
Thank you to all the volunteers who gave of their time and themselves to make the Community Festival a true celebration of community and an expression of the desire to learn about important local and global issues and get involved to make the world a better place for all.
Visit the ComFest/Community Festival FACEBOOK PAGE
question? Click here for info & helpful tips.
We think that people ought to work for the collective good of all people rather than for personal gain. We support cooperation and collective activity rather than competition and individual profit.
The basic necessities of life are a right and not a privilege. People have the collective right to control the conditions of their lives.
People should strive to conduct their lives in harmony with the environment.
We recognize that there are primary attitudes which divide and oppress people. These attitudes are usually shown by prejudice against people on the basis of age, class, ability, income, race, sex and sexual preference/orientation. We seek to eliminate these attitudes.