ComFest celebrates community in all its manifestations from business to art to community organizations.
Sometimes overshadowed by the celebration of great art, music, vendors, food, drink, the beautiful surroundings, reconnecting with friends, and great vibes, it is easy to lose sight of ComFest's Purpose. Sometimes it gets drowned out by the party. Guided by ComFest's Statement of Principles and Mission Statement, The Spirit & Purpose (S&P) Committee aims to bring that purpose to the forefront, inserting it into every aspect of the Festival and determining how it is perceived by the public.
Some of the ways S&P achieves these goals:
- Selecting and developing purpose-driven content emphasizing the important current issues, annual theme, and slogans.
- Supporting and coordinating with other festival committees to achieve message cohesion.
- Developing and nurturing ComFest relationships with community organizations, social leaders, and local artists.
- Selecting and scheduling the workshops and speakers.
- Overseeing the Peace & Healing Tent, Emcee Selection and Training, Stage Announcements, Art in the Park, Supervising the ComFest Museum, Coordinating Photographers & Videographers, Retreat Planning, The Awards Ceremony, ComFest Merchandise, ComFest 365, Future Planning, and more.
Columbus is rich in talent that deserves to be showcased. A progressive environment fosters such talent and forward-thinking, making this a great community in which to live and thrive. Think about how you can get involved in activities related to your most important social concerns.
The 2022 Community Festival will highlight current important issues as well as reflect on fifty years of the Spirit & Purpose of ComFest.
— Darryl Mendelson
Spirit & Purpose Committee