Educate, Resist, Advocate!
This is the flavor/theme ComFest hopes to see in logo entries for 2018. Including these concepts when creating a logo design will make it more competitive in the selection process.
The logo will be used on Program Guide cover, Tee shirts, and beer mugs, and becomes part of ComFest history.
Design the 2018 ComFest T-Shirt! Entries must be brought to the shelter house in Goodale Park on Thursday, March 1 at 7:30 PM for the public viewing and first round of voting by the attending public. Three finalists will be reviewed at the following ComFest General Planning meeting on March 25, where a final selection will be made.
All entries must meet the following requirements:
- It should be a black and white drawing. We do a one color silk-screen in order to be economical. Due to the mechanical limitations and expense of the silk-screening process, it is difficult and expensive to do grey tones or shading. If your design has some shading, it would have to be done in a way that will lend itself to be easily silk-screened. Original art only.
- Include the dates: June 22, 23, 24, 2018 or June 22-24, 2018.
- Include the name, Community Festival. Those two words must appear together in the design. In addition, you can place the word “ComFest” in the design if you wish.
- Include the place, Goodale Park.
- Include the Hopewell symbol, shown below:
- Another good tip is to make the design with a vertical orientation so that it looks good on a T-shirt. The logo will appear in other places but the most important place is on the T-shirt.
- PRINT artist’s name, address, e-mail and phone number on the BACK of the contest entry.
- An artist may enter two different logo designs, but only one version of a particular design may be entered.
- Have a high resolution digital file of your entry available. ComFest reserves the right to request changes to the chosen design.
- Finalists will be chosen at the Logo Contest. The winner will be chosen at the next General Planning Meeting. The winner will be notified after that meeting.
Having your design chosen is a great honor which will make you part of the history of ComFest. Hundreds of volunteers will be wearing the T-shirt at the Festival and will wear them around for years to come. The winner gets mentioned on the website, in the Program Guide and we give the winner a few valuable goodies too.