Artists, start your pens! It’s ComFest Logo Design season again, and we need your vision for the 2019 program, t-shirt, and beer mug designs!
This year’s themes involve each person’s power to make a difference, be a part of community collaborations, and do their best to elevate the political consciousness around them.
Including these concepts when creating will make your entry more competitive in the selection process. However, it is in no way required.
Entries must be brought to the shelter house in Goodale Park on Thursday, March 14th at 7:30 for the public viewing and first round of voting by the attending public. Three finalists will be reviewed at the following ComFest General Planning meeting on Saturday, March 24th, where a final selection will be made.
The winning design becomes a vital part of ComFest history and is featured on over 1,500 volunteer t-shirts, and thousands of mugs and programs. The winning artist is credited on our website, in the Program Guide, and we even give them a few valuable ComFest goodies!
All entries must meet the following requirements:
- It should be a black and white drawing. We do a one color silkscreen in order to be economical. Due to the mechanical limitations and expense of the silk-screening process, it is difficult and expensive to do grey tones or shading. If your design has some shading, it would have to be done in a way that will lend itself to be easily silk-screened. Original art only.
- Include the dates: June 28, 29, 30, 2019 or June 28 – 30, 2019.
- Include the name, Community Festival. Those two words must appear together in the design. In addition, you can place the word “ComFest” in the design if you wish.
- Include the place, Goodale Park.
- Include the Hopewell symbol, shown below:
- Another good tip is to make the design with a vertical orientation so that it looks good on a T-shirt. The logo will appear in other places but the most important place is on the T-shirt.
- PRINT artist’s name, address, email and phone number on the BACK of the contest entry.
- An artist may enter multiple different logo designs, but only one version of a particular design may be entered.
- Have a high resolution digital file of your entry available. ComFest reserves the right to request changes to the chosen design.
- Finalists will be chosen at the Logo Contest. The winner will be chosen at the next General Planning Meeting. The winner will be notified after that meeting.
Good luck and Happy ComFest!